Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time Management

When i wrote the last blog on optimism, I had not decided on which topic will I write next but as i sit idle now for a few mins in the middle of what has been a very hectic day...I thought why not write about time management. If i were to ask each one of you what is time management, some might say it is creating a balance between time for work and time for family whereas others might say it is managing all chores within 24 hours with ease. In my eyes time management is a simple funda -finding out time from the busy schedules to do what i love be it talking to my girlfriend or writing this blog or pondering over a cup of coffee or listening to music and releasing stress. 

It was the summer of 2007 when i realised what time management is about. I had just started CAT coaching classes and also taken up a part time job plus there was my college St.Xavier's. My schedule for the first month was something like this- 5.45am wake up, attend tuitions from 7.30-9.30 attend college from 9.50-1.00 (mostly bunked classes after 1.00), office from 1.30-6.30, home by 7.15pm sit to stdy at 8.00 and study till around 2.30am with a dinner break in between. I could not watch Tv, could not listen to music,could not hangout with friends and sleep used to chase me every hour. 

I had to find a solution but initially could not understand what to do. It is then my grey cells came up with a gem of an idea. If time was not available i must search for it like a lost treasure. You must be thinking what do i mean by this. Well the theory is simple-time is always there. We have to just look for it in the right way. So began my search for time, time to do what i like. And you know what in 2 weeks time i actually had time for stuffs i could not even think of earlier. I could listen to music when i was searching for articles on the internet, after my mock tests i could hangout with friends even if it meant we were discussing the mock test, when sleep chased me i could ponder over a cup of coffee and de-stress. My worries were mostly over and my schedule was still the same.I had finally found the remedy to my worries without use of more time. 

This phase of life taught me something important other than time management. That whatever we need in life is like time. We have to search earnestly for it and we will definitely find it. If i could find out time for my interests even though on paper there was not a second to spare i could definitely achieve goals that were more feasible. Moral of the story: if you want something badly, you can achieve even the impossible. With this thought in mind i will sign off till the next blog as the time i could spare is over. Back to more work now..you see it is still a hectic day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment